Friday, March 9, 2012

A Break

Yes, I took a break. But I'm back. No excuses for why I haven't blogged in nearly a year. Well, OK, I'll dish it. Husband started a new job, and I took on an additional role in our house: dinner maker, also referred to as recipe follower. (I have purposely avoided the words "cook" and "chef" because I don't believe those titles apply to me...yet). So I've been busy. And tired. And I took a break. But now I'm back, and here's why:

I am quitting the law firm.

I am giddy with excitement! Jumping for joy! I feel good! And I'm scared stiff. I have worked hard - very hard - for ten years as a lawyer. I've done the big firm; done the small firm; tried cases; written briefs; researched laws; argued in court; pulled all-nighters (more than I would like to admit). I'm tired and sick of the stress. I want to be a better wife and a better mom, and want to let go of that stress I feel every day in the pit of my stomach. Luckily, I have a very supportive husband and so I'm taking the leap, and am hoping to find my path to - well, truth is, I'm not sure to where. But I have ideas. Good ones. More to come on those in the next few weeks. Fact is that I'm not quitting the law completely and I'm going to take on contract work while I figure things out. Quitting the law firm is step one, and I'm looking forward to whatever lies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment